Table of Contents
International Peace Day is observed every year on September 21. It’s a day to work towards global harmony and world peace. This year, the theme for World Peace Day is “Climate Action For Peace”. International Peace Day was first recognized by the United Nations in 1982. Just like many popular days, International Peace Day is getting popular among the masses as they share quotes and messages for love, peace, and harmony among their friends for peace in the world. South Africa’s Nobel Peace Prize awardee Desmond Tutu once said, “If you want peace, you don’t talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.” Famous American guitarist Jimi Hendrix had said, “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” Here are some more motivating quotes on International Peace Day.
Happy International Peace Day 2020 Quotes
1. “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.” — Buddha
2. “The real and lasting victories are those of peace, and not of war.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” — Albert Einstein
4. “If you want peace, you don’t talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.” — Desmond Tutu
5. “Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” — Ronald Reagan
6. “Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
7. “Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves.” — William Hazlitt
8. “Peace begins with a smile.” — Mother Teresa
9. “Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.” — John Lennon
10. “Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin.” — Dwight D. Eisenhower
11. “When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.” — Jimi Hendrix
12. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” — Dalai Lama
13. “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” — Mother Teresa
15. “Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
Check more inspirational Quotes
This International Peace Day spread the word along with the Peace and enlighten younger hearts with the message of Peace.
Stay together – Spread the Peace